TOPIC: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year

would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 5 months ago #81945

• nicurn
  • PTO Power User
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum, but I would like to do a theme this year for the pta and membership drive. I was kind of thinking of building bridges or something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, etc? thanks, maggie

RE: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 5 months ago #81946

• MO2
Boy, you are a go getter!!! For membership ideas go to www.pta.org Click on message board, and then click on membership. Also find out what your PTA membership number is. With this you will be able to go to the PTA members only site. This site also has ideas for membership. Please check with your state PTA and see when there are leadership workshops for you and your officers to go to. This would be a great opportunity for training, and to find out what all PTA offers. Make sure to ask for resources as well.

RE: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 5 months ago #81947

• plw
Thanks MO2. I do specifically recall posting on building bridges theme on the PTA boards. There are many others there you just have to take the time to look through the posts. Another thing we have done in the past is base our them on our goals for the year.

RE: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 4 months ago #81948

• stayathomemom
Nicurn,
I liked your idea of building bridges, I have chosen the theme of successfully completing a puzzle...school is so close, do you feel ready? I don't, would love any great ideas!

RE: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 4 months ago #81949

• dcd
Maggie, I've passed my mini-collection of theme ideas onto your direct e-mail.

If you (anyone else as well as Maggie) have any theme ideas of years past that I can add to that collections, pass them my way. I'll add the theme idea and any small details that you can note. I keep telling folks that it just takes a few ideas to get the creative juice flowing from the brain and wow -it can be so much fun.

Take lots of picures for the scapbooks.

For those of you out there with a PTO/PTA website, putting the Membership Theme on the website and a small explainer as well as the PTA goals - would be excellent!

RE: would like to do a "theme" for the pta this year 13 years 4 months ago #81950

• Mizlewis
DCD, would you mind sending me the list of theme ideas. I need help getting my creative juices flowing.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds