Message Boards > Involvement Ideas and Challenges Forum > Wanting to do a BOO HOO Breakfast. Where to start??

TOPIC: Wanting to do a BOO HOO Breakfast. Where to start??

fb-msgview-right-b

cristi

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

Wanting to do a BOO HOO Breakfast. Where to start??

10 Years, 4 Months ago

Page: 12345678...19

Hi there....Our school has not done much for Kindergarten parents in the past...I would like to hold a BOO HOO Breakfast on the first day of Kindergarten...please send me some ideas and suggestions of what you have done. Thank you in advance.
Cristi
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

PTOboarder

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: Wanting to do a BOO HOO Breakfast. Where to start??

10 Years, 4 Months ago

I've heard of this but never called boo hoo. I would like some information as well.
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

Angi

That was easy
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 4 Months ago

I would like some info too! We are planning on hosting this next year.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

Serendipity

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 4 Months ago

Hi! We are going to do our first one this coming year. Our school has paper work that gets mailed to the parents in August. We are going to add a flyer inviting the kindergarten parents to the "Boo Hoo Breakfast". That morning we will also put up some posters outside the school inviting them to come. We will have juice, coffee, tea, bagels, donuts, & fruit. Some of it we will get for free and some of it we are getting at cost. Just go to your local places and see what you can get from who. At the breakfast we will talk to them about what we do and what events will go on during the year. We will inform them about all the ways they can help and get involved. They will be able to ask us any questions they have and share any ideas they may have with us. Overall we want to welcome them into our school family and make them feel really welcome and comfortable in getting involved.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

cristi

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 4 Months ago

Serendipity......can you send me the flyer ...or at least what your going to say on it....Have you all come with centerpiece ideas for your tables....I want to do something with Kleenex but my artistic talents are on overload right now...lol. Also maybe the letter will be sending out.

Thanks
Cristi
CristiBrewer@sbcglobal.net
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

LUVMYKIDS

Wow, just wow
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 4 Months ago

We started our Boo-Hoo breakfast two years ago and the parents love it. The first time we mention it is at kindergarten round-up-we include a little note in the PTO pamphlet that is distributed. At registration, we have signs on the doors with our "Calendar of Events" for the beginning of the year and we hand out a small "calendar" to every parent. At Open House we put signs up all over the school.

We make sure to emphasize that the event is for ALL parents. The signs I made usually had some comment about "tears of sadness and tears of joy". We have boxes of Kleenex sitting on the tables, a basket of Hershey Hugs and Kisses(to tide you over until your child gets home) and note pads and pens for parents to jot down the names and numbers of anyone they may meet at the event. We also have PTO pamphlets and most of the board members are present to meet and greet.
Enter code here   
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Page: 12345678...19