Message Boards > Involvement Ideas and Challenges Forum > ideas for food items for fall festival?

TOPIC: ideas for food items for fall festival?

fb-msgview-right-b

hello948575

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

ideas for food items for fall festival?

10 Years, 1 Month ago

Page: 123

I would like to know what others have sold for food items at their festivals. I know hot dogs and hamburgers are the standards, but what else that is not too much trouble. We always have had just the burgers, dogs,chips, sodas, prepackaged cookies,etc. just boring after many years. Any other ideas?
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

merdunlap

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: ideas for food items for fall festival?

10 Years, 1 Month ago

We get pizzas at a good price from a nearby Pizza Hut, and sell it by the slice. We also have done brisket tacos, chalupas, roasted corn, nachos, Frito Pie, and sausage wraps (link of sausage in a flour tortilla).
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

CoPREZ

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 1 Month ago

We've done ham bbq; chili; haluski (things you can make and put in roasters are a good idea!)
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

pwalther

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 1 Month ago

We are lucky to have a family that does Tri-Tip sandwiches. Lots of work though!!

Frito boats were great for us before the tri-tip sandwiches. We also did hot dogs but then offered them plain or chili dogs.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

LUVMYKIDS

Wow, just wow
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 1 Month ago

We do pizza by the slice, hot dogs, and nachos. The pizza place does really big slices in a triangle box so it's very easy to serve, and we get the chips, cheese sauce, and salsa donated by a local restaurant. On top of that we have a bake sale where we also serve pie and cake by the slice(people forget all about their low-carb diets!!).
Enter code here   
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.
fb-msgview-right-b

C. Brooks

1K club
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years, 1 Month ago

We have a ham supper every year , but we make good profit I miss the spaghetti and chili suppers that used to popular when I was a kid. The VFDs do bean suppers.

As far as concession stuff I hear funnel cakes are easy, they are usually a big hit.
Enter code here   

Page: 123