fb-msgview-right-b

pals

1K club
graphgraph
User Offline

Reading night games/activities

7 Years, 6 Months ago

Page: 12

Okay guys I need your help. We are having our first family reading night in two months and need some ideas for games and activities. We are looking to not just do the reading bit but also have things that are letter related, phonics, related, sight words, things like that.
We are doing Book Bingo so that will be a huge thing. For reference we are a K-6 School. We are also having our Jumprope for life this night so if stations can be ones that they can come and go would be great! Thanks for the help and yes I have the PTO Today Reading Night info!
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
"When you stop learning you stop growing."
fb-msgview-right-b

jurijeka

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: Reading night games/activities

7 Years, 6 Months ago

Have paper and markers out for kids to make acrostic poems out of their names. Decorate and hang on wall.

Boggle/Boggle JR.
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

ttnc4me

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

7 Years, 6 Months ago

We're doing a "book walk" along the same lines as a cake walk.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

pals

1K club
graphgraph
User Offline

7 Years, 6 Months ago

You know I always hear this but have NO clue what a cake walk is or how it runs....help!!!
Enter code here   
"When you stop learning you stop growing."
fb-msgview-right-b

Debbie Tryzbiak

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

7 Years, 5 Months ago

Hi Pals,

If you're looking for games that are reading, phonics, phonemic awareness related, you're best source is your teachers. I know at our school, every teacher has to have literacy centers while we teach in small groups. Those literacy centers are just games that the kids can play in their own small groups, but still learn reading skills. Also, many of the games are small and easy to put together/make so they are portable.

Deb
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

northeastmom

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

7 Years, 5 Months ago

Our reading night is this week. Our library bookfair is also going on. We have guest readers scheduled every 10-15 minutes and a bookmark making station, mad libs about our shcool, compound word races, story making with large paper and ellison machne cut outs plus boogle, scrabble, scrabble jr...
Enter code here   

Page: 12