• Page:

TOPIC: food drive themes and ideas

food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154389

Our school, along with the 3 other elementary schools in our county, is conducting a food drive from Nov. 1 thru mid December. As coordinator for all schools, I'm trying to think of weekly themes to encourage students to bring specified items. I have some basic ideas, but I've hit a road block. Any suggestions would be MUCH, MUCH appreciated.

Meredith
PTO president
Kilough Elem.
Dawsonville

Re:food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154464

• Past Prez
I'm not sure if these ideas are what you're after, but perhaps if nothing else, they may spark an idea for you. Good luck!

"Share your snacks" request snack items (fruit snacks, peanut butter & cracker packages, etc)

"Bring in your least favorite food"

Have the class that brings in the most food one week choose a future request

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

Cookie week (either packaged cookies or ingredients to bake them)

Re:food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154465

• Anonymous
We attach our food drive to the Thanksgiving holiday, and it directly benefits our many school families in need.

Re:food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154466

• C-
1 year we competed against another school in the district. The school that lost the competition had the principal dress in the other schools school spirit clothes.
We have also had the student to bring in the most cans gets to cream a pie in the principals face at an assembly. We also have classrooms compete for something special (extra recess, party)

Re:food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154467

• Rockne
  • PTO Today Founder
Hi Guys -

Hope you'll all connect with www.schoolsserve.org. It's a brand new non-profit dedicated to all things regarding school food drives. The kit has tons of great ideas and planning tools and posters and the like. And the Facebook page for Schools Serve is also a great place for connecting with others.

Finally, Schools Serve is also tallying the results of all school food drives this school year. Hope you'll add your results to the count.

Tim Sullivan
Founder, PTO Today
Founder, Schools Serve
PTO Today Founder

Re:food drive themes and ideas 4 years 3 months ago #154468

• anonymous
Together we "can" is cute. How about doing a "Twelve days of Christmas" type theme? Or maybe " 'Tis the Seasonings" for Thanksgiving?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds