Special Event:Parent Group of the YearHelpful Hints
1. Get together with your group and decide on your group's strongest category (or categories).
2. Work with your group to coordinate the necessary materials—make it an activity and reflect on what you've accomplished for your school.
3. Don't be afraid to brag; this is your chance to get recognition for all your hard work!
4. Judges favor groups that create a plan and follow through on it. The judges also tend to favor groups with a strong focus on parent involvement.
5. Be creative with your entry. Include photos, reviews, testimonials from parents and teachers, newspaper clippings, web links—you name it! It's not required, but the more information you send, the easier it will be to see just how fabulous your year has been. Winners don't necessarily have the most elaborate entries, however; it can be as simple as a basic Word document, as long as it demonstrates why your group deserves to be recognized.
6. Remember that outstanding groups come in all shapes and sizes. It's what you've achieved that counts.
7. Start preparing your entry now. Save, collect, and organize information from each of your activities as you hold them. You'll find information more quickly and easily when putting together your entry.
Download Your Entry Form Now
Deadline for entries is June 3, 2013
Call 800-644-3561 x208 or email us at
Good luck and have a great year!