Carnivals and Fairs Archive
Best practices and profiles of successful parent group carnivals, fairs, and festivals. Find more ideas for all sorts of events on the Events & Programs resources page.
Articles with a plus sign () are available to PTO Today Plus members only.
- School Carnival Planning Basics - School carnivals are a hit with students and parents alike. Here’s how to make yours shine.
- Three Creative Carnival Ideas - From a campfire sing-along to ethnic food, these parent groups put a new spin on traditional fall carnivals.
- Classic Carnival Activities - Need ideas for your school or parent group carnival? Choose from this collection of crowd-pleasing games and activities.
- Summer Crafts Fest Brings Community Together - A two-day “Christmas in July” street fair brings together more than 20,000 attendees.
- Big Trucks Raise PTO Bucks - Cars and trucks galore drove the enjoyment at a communitywide fair.
- Family Event: Fun and Eco-games - PTO Today’s 2008 Outstanding Family Event was a green festival that combined learning and fun, included a large number of parent volunteers, and helped strengthen the connection between the middle school and home.
- Halloween Festival Builds Community - Every October, a 140-student school in Michigan throws a party for a thousand people.
- Create a School Tradition - Ambitious events build excitement and involvement. They make your PTO look great, too.
- Carnival Success Story - One school's longtime carnival tradition brings the right blend of fundraising and family fun to the entire community.
- Spring Family Event Ideas - Put down the fundraising checklist; forget the next round of school testing. It's time for school fun! Here's a sampling of PTO spring traditions from around the country. What will you do to celebrate your school community this season?