Rather than a tip this Fourth of July week, I’m going to go with a little bit of popcorn — five of my favorite links when it comes to thinking about the new year for PTO and PTA officers:
1. Newbies vs. old pros. My column on what it feels like to be ignored by the veterans or undervalued by the new blood. Do you see yourself or your group here?
2. Insurance and your PTO. Is your group insured? Should it be? An important thought for the new year.
3. Financial best practices for parent groups. You work too hard for your money to watch it walk out the door.
4. TeacherLists.com. I’m loving how so many groups are making this thesolution for how their teachers and parents connect around school supplies and class supplies.
5. Open doors, lots of them. Another column, this one with an involvement philosophy that can really change how your school feels.
Have a happy July 4!