Question: Help with Articles of Organization in MA

I am currently the Treasurer of a small Preschool PTO in MA. We are now required to file for 501 (c) (3) status due to our gross income being greater than $5,000. We have the expertise to complete the Form 1023, however, we would like to hire legal counsel to draft our Articles of Organization with the State of MA. Could anyone recommend legal counsel in MA that we could contact? Our total gross income is approximately $6,000, so we cannot afford to spend too much.

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
That's a fairly straightforward process. Any attorney in your community experienced with small business or nonprofits likely can do the work. You might ask some local businesspeople for recommendations, or check with the local Rotary Club. If there are other PTOs in town, ask who they used. The work shouldn't be overly expensive, but someone in your own community is probably most likely to give you a price break,

Answer this question: