Question: 501(3)C transferred from PTA to PTO

Can a PTA's tax exempt status or federal id # be transferred from a PTA changing over to PTO or do they have to apply for a new one?

Asked by pennyharrison



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
The PTO has to apply for its own tax-exempt status. The good news is that once granted, tax exempt status is retroactive to the PTO's start date. See the article Switching from PTO To PTA for more information and helpful links.

Answer this question: