"Dwindling Down PTA Account"

We are in the process of proceeding to a PTO and actually have our PTO EIN# (we are in Pennsylvania), we need to write a check for the filing fee for the 501(c)(3) application, can this check be written from our PTA account?
- thuegel

I believe so. IRS rules allow one 501c3 to donate money to another 501c3. Your PTO's 501c3 status, once approved, will be retroactive to its start date. You might check with an accountant experienced in nonprofits if you're concerned.
- Craig
Links in this post: