Question: tax exempt status/ID #

We are currently with the PTA and want to switch to a PTO. Does our tax id # stay with us or is it a part of the Nat'l PTA?

Asked by Anonymous



Community Advice

mum24kids writes:
You will need to apply for a new tax id for the new PTO. The other tax ID cannot be transferred from the PTA.

Advice from PTO Today

Rockne writes:
One piece of good news: getting a Tax ID # for a new entity is quite simple. Our "PTO Start-Up" Guide has all of these steps laid out simply.

Answer this question: