Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PTA officer elections

PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58428

• ptamomof3
Can any of you PTA pros tell me for purposes of determining eligibility to run for office, when are you considered a "paid member"? Is it when you hand over your dues to your treasurer or is it when it is received at the state or national level? Thanks for any help you can give!

RE: PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58429

• jonwilson
I don't know about the PTA, but other organizations I'm a member of determine membership as to the moment the treasurer accepts your dues.

RE: PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58430

• backhoed
We do the same as JonWilson. As soon as you pay your dues to the treasurer and get your membership card, you're in!

RE: PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58431

Hi ptamomof3- You are a member as soon as you submit your dues to your local unit.
Good luck!

RE: PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58432

• ptamomof3
Thanks for confirming what I thought. This seemed pretty obvious to me but thought I must be missing something. A person who wants to run for VP is being told she can't because her dues will not be received at the state and national level in time to make her a "paid member" in time for elections.

RE: PTA officer elections 11 years 1 month ago #58433

• kmamom
  • PTO Power User
Things that make you go, "hmmmmm." Was the person who told her this just uninformed or....?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds