fb-msgview-right-b

ptamomof3

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

PTA officer elections

10 Years ago

Page: 12

Can any of you PTA pros tell me for purposes of determining eligibility to run for office, when are you considered a "paid member"? Is it when you hand over your dues to your treasurer or is it when it is received at the state or national level? Thanks for any help you can give!
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

jonwilson

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: PTA officer elections

10 Years ago

I don't know about the PTA, but other organizations I'm a member of determine membership as to the moment the treasurer accepts your dues.
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

backhoed

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years ago

We do the same as JonWilson. As soon as you pay your dues to the treasurer and get your membership card, you're in!
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

Michelle B

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years ago

Hi ptamomof3- You are a member as soon as you submit your dues to your local unit.
Good luck!
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

ptamomof3

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years ago

Thanks for confirming what I thought. This seemed pretty obvious to me but thought I must be missing something. A person who wants to run for VP is being told she can't because her dues will not be received at the state and national level in time to make her a "paid member" in time for elections.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

kmamom

PTO Power User
graphgraph
User Offline

10 Years ago

Things that make you go, "hmmmmm." Was the person who told her this just uninformed or....?
Enter code here   

Page: 12