Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Successful Vendor Event?

Successful Vendor Event? 5 years 5 months ago #153824

• josmyers
  • That was easy
I've been discussing with our volunteer group and with people at my website the possiblity of a vendor event with home party vendors. Has anyone run a vendor event that was successful in the past? What kinds of activities did you have on hand? I was debating if we should do a wine and cheese kind of event with a tricky tray and vendors, but I'm open to suggestion! Thanks!

Re:Successful Vendor Event? 5 years 4 months ago #154110

• Vendor&Mom
I have 2 boys in elementary school. I also make Soy candles and do a lot of shows. I have sold at, been to and organized vendor/craft shows. I have been to excellent ones and some really BAD ones.
I have one school that has their show from 3:00 until 10:00 on a Friday. At one end of the room, after you past the vendors they threw in a little wine, cheese and crackers. You got the after school, after work, and after dinner crowd.
I like Nov/Dec the best.
If you get people in that will buy, your vendor/crafters will return year after year finding different vendors/crafters each year is a lot of work.
I wouldn't mix a tricky tray and vendor event, I have been to 2 like this and it is the pits for the vendors everyone comes for the tricky tray. I would do a 50/50 (winner not be present to win) if your able. We have had success with them. We sell the tickets 3 for $5 OR 15 FOR $10. The organization cleared $700.00 on the 50/50, plus what was charged for each vendor.

Re:Successful Vendor Event? 4 years 10 months ago #155800

• SAHMing
We do a Christmas Bazaar in November that has turned into a great success. We make about $3,000 each year. It's not our major fundraiser but it's a great community builder and we push it as a way of showcasing our local vendors and helping out small businesses. We average about 45 vendors who purchase a spot 8 ft table if they bring their own.. we can rent ours for another fee. We showcase Makeup, jewelry, paintings, purses, etc... whatever a small business owner wants. We advertise for free on Facebook, all media sites, radio calendars, we submit press releases to our local papers and get a great turnout. The parents donate items for a bake sale (so all profit there) and we sell that with coffee and drinks for breakfast. We have a local restaurant cater the lunch and they give us a portion of the sales or work out a flat donation in return we advertise their restaurant on all of our flyers and press releases (so far- it's been parents of the school with local restaurants so it's to their benefit to help and promote). Each vendor donates a $20 value of their product with their fee. We use their donations to make baskets and raffle off the prizes- BIG HIT! It's a great way to unite your school and community. Some of the teachers have small Mary Kay businesses or make trinkets and sell it during this event. We run ours from 9 am-3pm on a Saturday and have vendors set up Friday night. Hope that gives some ideas!

Re:Successful Vendor Event? 4 years 1 month ago #158859

• Jodi
I organize Vendor Events to raise money at schools. I am also organizing one for the local boys & girls club. When I first started organizing the events I had a hard time getting local vendors for the events. I decided to network and created a Facebook Page just for vendors. We can post upcoming events there as well as advertise our specials. I am near Albany, NY and I am a Partylite Consultant, single mom & I work full time, The facebook page has helped me and made organizing an event much easier.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Re:Successful Vendor Event? 3 years 4 months ago #161243

• Joyce
Jodi, Would you mind sharing your FB page for events?

Re:Successful Vendor Event? 3 years 3 months ago #161444

I'm doing a Vendor Event during our parent teacher conferences in November....would anyone be willing to share the contract they made for their vendors? Thanks!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds