Message Boards

Quicken

18 years 8 months ago #94229 by ptcgmom
Quicken was created by ptcgmom
I am interested in how different Parent groups keep track of their accounts and monies. We currently are pretty "manual". A spreadsheet, a checkbook, and a calculator. Does anyone use Quicken? Does it help to keep things in check? And do you find that it is able to create reports that you need? Thanks!
18 years 8 months ago #94230 by momtoo
Replied by momtoo on topic Quicken
I am the treasurer of our Elementary School PTO, and I use Quickbooks. It is VERY easy to use, and gives me any reports I need quickly. I use quicken for my personal records, and it would also work well for the PTO, we just happened to be on Quickbooks when I took over. Quicken is cheaper to buy than Quickbooks, it would be well worth it and save you a lot of time!
18 years 8 months ago #94231 by chrystal
Replied by chrystal on topic Quicken
Our treasurer uses the microsoft office. She puts each check written on her computer as well as the actual bank books. It makes it real easy to do the treasurer's report at our meetings because all she has to do is print up that months bank activity from the computer...she also saves the info on disc too...just in case...
18 years 8 months ago #94232 by hillsmomof3
Replied by hillsmomof3 on topic Quicken
Our treasurer uses Quicken AND Excel. She says if they both balance then she is on the money (so to speak)
In previous years we have just used Quicken. The reports are nice and easily read.
18 years 8 months ago #94233 by ptcgmom
Replied by ptcgmom on topic Quicken
Thanks everyone. I think that we will be buying Quicken this week and hopefully we will decrease our treasurer's manual headaches!
18 years 8 months ago #94234 by Pres88
Replied by Pres88 on topic Quicken
We use quicken but probably not how it is intended. The tresurer writes out the checks and logs them in the check register. once or twice a month the the register is used to update quicken and quicken is then used to balance the check book each month and run the reports to create the monthly treasures report on excel. The treasurer finds this easier than going on the computer for every check.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds