Message Boards

Upbeat Song Needed To Kickoff First Meeting!!

15 years 1 month ago #110866 by LauraStan
I want to kick our first PTO meeting into high gear and maybe have a song playing in the background when parents and teachers start arriving to the meeting. It will be off once the meeting gets started. I want to create some high energy without being offensive. I want the parents and teachers to enjoy coming. Any song suggestions???
15 years 1 month ago #110867 by H&GMom
Replied by H&GMom on topic Upbeat Song Needed To Kickoff First Meeting!!
Clever girl. Okay... here's my suggestion (a bit over the top). "Proud to be an American" don't know who sings it.... or one of the other modern (a bit country) sappy, patriotic songs. I am sort of kidding, but it might set that participation tone, giving tone. I like your thinking!
15 years 1 month ago #110868 by C. Brooks
Replied by C. Brooks on topic Upbeat Song Needed To Kickoff First Meeting!!
Lee Greenwood sings "Proud to Be an American."

I was thinking more along the lines of "We Will Rock You." Just kidding. If you were the Bulldogs or something like that you could do "Who Let the Dogs Out." Our kids really like the Shrek sound track, that is what they usually play at our Success Celebrations on Fridays. You you do "Locomotion" to get every one motivated.
15 years 1 month ago #110869 by mykidsmom
What's the name of the song they would play for Elivs Presley when he woud come on stage, it was always followed be "See See Rider". Oh my husband would know, he's the big Elvis fan....

Also sprach Zarathustra (theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey
that's it......you said fun ! ;)
15 years 1 month ago #110870 by PTOPres03
Replied by PTOPres03 on topic Upbeat Song Needed To Kickoff First Meeting!!
How about Stayin' Alive from that John Travolta movie? Or is that too subliminal?
15 years 1 month ago #110871 by LauraStan
Thanks for the ideas - I appreciate it!!
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds