Message Boards

Questions about a plinko board

11 years 7 months ago #143527 by SnowflakesUpNorth
Hello all,

We are thinking of making a Plinko type game for our Fun Frolic in October. Can those of you who have one please give me some tips for making one for our school? Do you use nail for the pegs? What do you use for the plinko chips? I had thought of air hockey pucks, but haven't been able to track any down at any of the stores within a 20 mile radius. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
11 years 7 months ago #143528 by LUVMYKIDS
We used nails for the pegs and someone had some plastic disks from a board game, but when those got lost, I believe we just purchased some wooden disks at the craft store(about 1 1/2"). Hockey pucks seem kind of big, you must have a bigger board. Ours was only about 4 feet high by 2 feet wide. If you need a disk that big, you could have someone cut some from a sheet of plywood and then sand and paint them, or maybe use plastic coasters(you know, the kind to set your glass on to save your furniture.)

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.
11 years 7 months ago #143543 by SnowflakesUpNorth
Do you think golf tees would work or does everyone recommend using nails for the pegs??
11 years 6 months ago #143610 by northeastmom
Ours was constructed with dowels that were cut short and inserted into ped board. I think it might have been a thin colored puck found at a local store, maybe look thru the sporting section or toy sections??
11 years 6 months ago #143874 by StewartsvillePTO
We have a plinko board that we use for our carnival that was constructed using golf tee, it works really good and from storage and moving it if the tees break off, it is easy to replace them.
11 years 6 months ago #143876 by mi3sons
I'll bet an air hockey puck would work. I once used the plastic top from a container of paper clips from work because we couldn't find anything else at the last minute. It worked great!
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds