May 8, 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ACCESS REQUIRED.
Sponsor: The Sponsor of PTO Today’s 2023 Parent Group of the Year Contest (the "Contest") is School Family Media, LLC, the owner and operator of the PTOToday.com website (“PTO Today”), with offices located at 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093 ("SFM” or “Sponsor”). SFM will administer and manage the Contest. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, TikTok, Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to SFM, and not to Twitter, TikTok, Instagram or Facebook.
1. Contest Dates: The Contest begins May 8, 2023, at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on June 2, 2023, at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time ("Contest Period"). SFM's computer is the official entry submission portal and time-keeping device for the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions in these Official Rules (the “Official Rules"), the Contest is open to Parent Group Leaders who are board members, committee chairs, or otherwise active leaders within their school’s PTA/PTO, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and are at least 18 years or older at the time of entry, and who meet the entrant requirements (see section 4 in these Official Rules). Each Contest entrant (an “Entrant”) is entering the Contest on behalf of his/her Parent Teacher Association, Parent Teacher Organization, or similar group (“PTA/PTO”) for the school with which the Entrant and the PTA/PTO is associated, as designated on the Entrant’s PTOtoday.com user account or provided upon entry (the “Designated School”), and all prizes awarded as part of the Contest will be for the PTA/PTO’s use and either emailed to the Entrant’s email address provided or shipped to the Designated School’s mailing address provided as part of their account. Employees of SFM or any of their respective affiliated entities, and the immediate family members of such employees, and any persons domiciled with any such persons, are not eligible to enter the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Participation: Participation constitutes Entrant’s unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and SFM's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, Prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, "Affiliates") are not liable for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer or its contents relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials concerning this Contest, or from other technical difficulties, failures, or other errors of any kind. SFM reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by SFM. In the event that the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of SFM which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Contest, SFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, SFM reserves the right to award the Prize based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SFM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. How To Enter: During the Contest Period, an Entrant can nominate their PTA/PTO for a chance to win the prize by completing the registration form on https://www.ptotoday.com/award and providing their name and email address, including a description of their group’s most meaningful accomplishment during the 2022-23 school year. By completing the nomination form and providing the additional information, Entrants are granting SFM the right to email, call or mail Entrants at the email address, phone number and school address Entrants provided upon entry. Registration is free. No purchase or pledge is required to enter.
5. Prize and Odds: One (1) Nominee will be selected as winner (the “Winner”) from all eligible entries and the Winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card, a commemorative plaque and national recognition throughout the PTO Today community (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of the total Contest prize is $500. The Prize will be sent to the Winner by June 30, 2023.
The odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. The Prize is nontransferable and nonexchangeable. The Prize will only be provided to the Winner with the Winner’s consent. In the event the Winner does not consent to receive the Prize, an alternate Winner will be selected from the pool of Entrants.
6. Winner Drawing, Notification, and Acceptance: The Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period by a panel of judges comprised of the SFM Marketing Team to be judged by June 16, 2023. The criteria for judging shall be the potential for impact on the school community of that group’s accomplishment in the 2022-23 school year (according to SFM judges). Winners will be contacted during SFM's regular business hours at the applicable email addresses or phone number associated with the information that the Entrant provided at time of entry. Failure to reach a Winner by email after three (3) attempts may result in the disqualification of that Winner and forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the prize. SFM will, at its sole and absolute discretion, be free to select an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. A Winner may waive its right to receive a prize.
Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any and all taxes on the Prize received, if applicable. Winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity and Prize Release ("Affidavit") (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as directed by SFM in order to claim the Prize. Failure to complete, sign, and return the Affidavit or to comply with any term or condition of these Contest Rules will result in a Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of its interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate Winner. If a Prize is not won and claimed by the eligible Winner in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of SFM. The decisions of SFM regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. Limitations on Entry: Contest entries are limited to one entry per Entrant. Multiple Entrants from the same PTA/PTO or Designated School can enter. All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Use of any automated system to participate in the Contest or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
The Sponsor and its respective Affiliates are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, delayed, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or a Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Contest-related materials. In the event of a dispute of who submitted an online entry, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by SFM at its sole discretion, and SFM reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. All entries become the property of SFM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Release of Liability: By entering the Contest, each Entrant and their PTA/PTO: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SFM, whose decisions shall be final and binding; and (b) agrees to release and hold harmless SFM and its Affiliates from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action, or other proceedings of any kind for losses, costs, damages, or other liabilities of any kind arising out of his/her participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance and/or use of the Prize, including, without limitation, due to personal injury, death, and/or property damage; claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s consent to SFM's and its Affiliates' use of Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, video, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state of residence for any commercial or promotional purpose in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification, or permission.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MASSACHUSETTS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR CONTEST ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE CONTEST PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
12. Winner’s Name: Names of Winners, once confirmation is complete, may be posted on the PTOToday.com website. To obtain a list of the winning Entrants and their PTO/PTA Groups, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 30, 2023 with the Official Contest name written on the envelope to: PTOToday, c/o School Family Media LLC, 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093.