Build Digital Citizenship: Free Virtual Event for Parents, Hosted by an Internet Safety Expert
Free virtual event for parents, hosted by an Internet safety expert
We’re proud to support parent groups who are looking to help families use technology safely and responsibly. Through our free Family Tech Talk program, your group can have an expert from Trend Micro’s Internet Safety for Kids & Families program host an engaging Zoom presentation and Q&A for your school’s parents. From social media to online gaming, parents will learn best practices to help their kids be on the Internet in safe and healthy ways, including tips and exercises they can use.
How This Free Program Works
1. Select an event date and time that works best
Register above to select a date and time to host this Zoom event for your school’s parents. A Trend Micro representative will then reach out about a month ahead of your event with a Zoom link. (See below for this year’s available dates.)
2. Prepare for your event
When you register, you’ll get instant access to our step-by-step planning guide, promotional materials, and free resources to download and share with parents.
3. An Internet safety expert will host the Zoom event
From TikTok to Roblox, parents will learn best practices to help their kids use the Internet in safe and healthy ways. These include tech tips as well as guidelines and exercises parents can use with their kids. Parents will also have the opportunity to raise their own concerns and ask questions.
Upcoming event dates:
- Jan 25, 2022 (Tue) - 7pm Pacific/8pm Mountain
- Jan 26, 2022 (Wed) - 7pm Eastern/6pm Central
- Jan 27, 2022 (Thu) – 8pm Eastern/7pm Central
- Feb 09, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Eastern/7pm Central
- Feb 16, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Central/7pm Mountain
- Mar 09, 2022 (Wed) - 7pm Eastern/6pm Central
- Mar 16, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Mountain/7pm Pacific
- Apr 06, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Eastern/7pm Central
- Apr 12, 2022 (Tue) - 7pm Eastern/6pm Central
- May 04, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Mountain/7pm Pacific
- May 10, 2022 (Tue) - 8pm Eastern/7pm Central
- May 18, 2022 (Wed) - 8pm Central/7pm Mountain
Join the Movement
For more than five years, we’ve helped thousands of schools across the country host engaging Family Tech Talk Night events. Get your school involved and help educate families about the importance of digital citizenship and Internet safety for kids!
Expert Q&A: Raising Kids in a Digital World
What PTO and PTA Leaders Say About Family Tech Talk Night
“This generated many conversations between parents and kids. I look forward to hosting this event yearly.”
—A. Gonzalez-Torres, Uplift Pinnacle, Dallas, TX
“Many of my parents are really on top of the tech situation at home, yet everybody admitted they learned something new. I did, as well!”
—C. Ogoe, Mahanay Elementary, Houston, TX
What Is Digital Citizenship?
Why You Need To Educate Your School’s Families About Digital Citizenship ASAP
Still have questions? Call us at 800-644-3561; we’re here to help.