fb-msgview-right-b

peterjhon

That was easy
graphgraph
User Offline

Re:credit cards

2 Years, 2 Months ago

Page: 1234

If you want to open a credit card you need original documents as proof of your identity and your address. Photocopy of full passport, your valid driving license, original bank, credit card summary statement.

credit card processing companies
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

Roger.Devine

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

2 Years, 2 Months ago

It's true that some processors do require original documents, but some don't - they are willing to simply take the information and/or photocopies.

I posted a list of processors my company recommends for our school auction customers in this thread a few months ago; I need to amend that to take one name off and put one more back on.

PayPlanner is winding things down; they have told me that they are no longer actively soliciting new customers.

PDX Enterprise Solutions is taking on new school auction customers, and let me consult with them as to how to work with PTOs and Parent Groups. I know they do not require original documentation, and do not require the PTO officers to sign personal guarantees.

I'm happy to share everything I know about credit-card processing and school fundraising (and I've had to learn a whole lot over the last 5 years); either ask questions here, or send me a message through my profile, or email me at roger at schoolauction dot net.

Roger Devine
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

peterjhon

That was easy
graphgraph
User Offline

2 Years, 1 Month ago

I am going to set up a small business. Which credit card processing will be beneficial for my business and how can I enable their services. As I am going to start a new business so please suggest me low cost credit card processing services.
fb-msgview-right-b

Trisa

Back for more
graphgraph
User Offline

1 Year, 3 Months ago

Our school does not currently accept any form of credit card, and unfortunately I really believe that has prevented our sales from reaching their potential. We are currently seeking options that would help us with this in the future.

One bit of advise I will add to this thread for those of you seeking credit card devices that simply attach to your cell phone or tablet. I was just recently at a meeting where a representative from a very well known financial institution warned the entire group against ANY device that transmits from either your cell phone or tablet. Apparently, once you swipe a card, all data from that card, including the pin for debit cards, as well as the cid number, is stored on the hard drive of your device. In the event your device is hacked (which he said happens regularly), any purchases made from a card on your device, becomes a legal liability for the device owner unless specific, very costly insurance, has been obtained. We were advised it was much more cost efficient to work with our own financial institution to use one of their portable credit card machines.
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

Roger.Devine

Boards fanatic
graphgraph
User Offline

1 Year, 3 Months ago

Hi Trisa,

Another note: many auction chairs like to set up a system where your guests swipe-and-store their card at check-in. You'd think - given what you heard from your bank - that this would be possible with those phone-based swipers. Alas, although the information may be there on your phone, it is not accessible to you to process transactions against later on that night.

There are inexpensive, secure, ways to store cards at check-in, that make them available to you to process transactions against later - there are a couple of vendors that make desktop terminals that can do "store-and-forward", and many internet payment gateways that offer this functionality, which you can use with auction-management software on your PC or Mac.

It's just that Square and the like are not among them.

Roger
Enter code here   
fb-msgview-right-b

Craig

Admin
graphgraph
User Offline

1 Year, 3 Months ago

Trisa -- We have a partnership with PayAnywhere. We just started offering their service to parent groups (no charge other than the processing cost). Details are here:

www.ptotoday.com/payanywhere

According to Jennifer Chapman of PayAnywhere, credit card information is NOT downloaded onto the device (smart phone or tablet) you use, at least with PayAnywhere's set-up.
Enter code here   
Editor in Chief

Page: 1234