Guide to Supporting STEM Learning for PTOs and PTAs
Boosting student learning in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math—STEM—has long been a priority at many schools. More recently, educators and policymakers have stressed adding elements of art and design (a combined approach known as STEAM) to challenge students to think creatively to solve problems, as well as expanding STEM middle school offerings.
- An overview of STEM and STEAM—what they mean, and why they matter.
- A comprehensive list of ideas for hands-on STEM activities and events that groups can adapt to their schools.
- Ways to find STEM experts in your community.
- A list of STEM and STEAM books for children.
- Instructions for making a kids’ kaleidoscope.