Message Boards > Day to Day PTO Management Forum > Position Descriptions...

TOPIC: Position Descriptions...

fb-msgview-right-b

mbg

Getting into this
graphgraph
User Offline

Position Descriptions...

12 Years, 3 Months ago

Page: 1

I've been able to find bylaws and the PTO already has some anyway but what about position descriptions. Has anyone used them and do they help or hinder and where do I find them? Please let me know because I'm ready to tell the rest to, well any way I'm not happy at this point.
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

mykidsmom

Wow, just wow
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: Position Descriptions...

12 Years, 3 Months ago

There should be position descriptions in the by-laws...well in MOST by-laws there is a section on this topic. Do you have a copy of Roberts Rules of order? That great little read book can give you an idea of what a VP does or is expected of them.
Yeah, this is a handy section to have in the by-laws as if you think about it even Pizza Hut gives a job description to a waitress! (past life) Can you talk to the Secretary to see what version of the by-laws 'she' may have? The reason I say that is in 'most' pto's it is that person that keeps the lastest version- as part of their duties.
VP...if all else fails its basically
Very important Person....when the Prez is gone! HAHAHA
Oh Come on! That WAS FUNNY!
Enter code here   
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
fb-msgview-right-b

mbg

Getting into this
graphgraph
User Offline
RE: Position Descriptions...

12 Years, 3 Months ago

Our by laws have a very brief description of what is expected but they don't cover very much
Enter code here   

Page: 1