I am not sure what you are looking for but we do one on Open House Night, we use a full sheet of paper and have clues taking families to 'less visited' areas of the school-every child wants to go to their classroom but this way they see the nurse, music teacher, gym teacher, office, etc. The last clue brings them to the parent group table where they get a prize.
At each station we have a stamp or hole punch that they use, and they are all different so we know if they got them all. I know this will be the third year and the special area teachers love that they get so much traffic.
Here are the clues we used:
1-Reading is made fun in this location (library)
2-We hope that the mouse doesn't get you in this room (computer)
3-La La La is often heard from this room (music)
4-Get caught following expectations and you get to come here (school store)
5-Kids get ran down in this room (gym)
6-Lets get creative in this room and make sure to say Hi to the new teacher in here (art)
7-When you aren't feeling well visit Mrs. Auyer at this location (nurses office)
8-When you are caught misbehaving you may have to see Mr. Ward here (main Office)
9-Mom is looking for some information on homework help, she can find info here (parent resource room)
10-the last clue sends you to where the "pals" hang out (parent group table...our name is Parents At Lanigan School)
you can make it anyway you want, at the bottom we had ten squares to put the hole that they were there. It is a great way to tour the school and the kids have fun dragging mom and dad around
We did a hunt for all students last year at 'Meet the Teacher' the day before school starts. They collected small school stickers on the bottom of the clue page (squares at the bottom to fill in) and when they finshed they came back to the PTO table for a pencil with the school name on it.(not something we have had before) We used older kids of volunteers to hand out stickers.
Here it is---
Solve the riddles to find the way,so you'll know the rooms on your 1st day. Collect a sticker in each box below, and brign it back to the PTO!
1. While at school if you feel sick, to this place we will send you quick!
2. To hear Mrs.
sing like a bird, this is the place to go I've heard!
3. Walk slowly to this room and take a seat when it's time to relax and eat!
4. When it's time to have fun outside,
go to this place with the giant slide!
5. If the principal you would like to see, this is the place that you need to be!
6. At school the teachers tell you 'do not run', but here Mr.
tells you to run and have fun!
7. When Mrs.
invites you to check out a book, this would be the place to look!
8. A keyboard and monitor is what you'll see here, to use Mrs. ---- programs and have a great year!
9. When advise is what you need, See Mrs. ----she'll answer with speed!
10. Now meeting your teacher is what you'll like best, go say 'hi' to her and you'll be done with thsi test!