From simple silent auctions to over-the-top galas with live auctions and six-figure returns, auctions have been a growing part of the PTO and PTA landscape for several years now. You'll find tons of auction ideas and help in the articles below. Find more helpful tools and info on the Auctions resources page.
Articles with a plus sign () are available to PTO Today Plus members only.
- Finding Donations for Your Auction - The success of your auction depends on the quality of your items. Here's how to find, and ask for, great items at all price points.
- 5 Trends To Help Your Auction Shine - Whether your annual auction needs a fresh angle or you're just starting out, these tools and approaches can improve your results.
- Auction "Pros" Raise Big Dollars - An online auction and gala evening netted more than $250,000 for this elementary school PTA.
- Auctions: Make Them Fun and Festive - Tips for success, frequently asked questions, and top ways to increase profits for your next school auction event.
- Economy Affects Auctions - In tough economic times, nonprofit auction planners need to start early and be creative, according to a survey by an online auction company.
- EBay Shuts Down PTA Auction - Parents at Deer Park Elementary in Tampa, Fla., had big plans to raise money for the 5th grade trip to Universal Studios Florida through an eBay auction. What they didn’t count on was being shut down by eBay.
- Auction Makeover - By turning its long-time auction into a more upscale, innovative event, one PTO took profits—and parent enthusiasm—through the roof.
- 9 Keys to Auction Success - Whether it's small or large, these basic steps will make your auction a hit from start to finish.
- Auction Planning FAQs - Answers to key questions about organizing and running a successful school auction.
- Auction Gold: Student Art Projects - Keepsakes created by students make extremely popular auction items. Here's how one group with a slew of creative ideas cashed in.
- Auction Action Plan - Secrets the pros use to turn even small auctions into highly profitable big-dollar fundraisers.
- Make Local Businesses a Resource - With the right approach, companies in your neighborhood can become great partners for fundraisers and other events.