Question: 501c3, branching out...need another EIN?

So, I have a non profit 501c3 (church) wanting to branch out and open a foster care licensing agency....can I use my EIN from the church as we are doing a DBA xxxxxx? Is there anyone that knows if I need to obtain different one? Thank you so much .

Asked by UFF



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
No idea. That's well outside our area of knowledge, which is school parent groups. I'd recommend finding a tax attorney or a business attorney who has dealt with nonprofits. Perhaps someone in your congregation can offer some (free) advice.

Answer this question: