Question: Special Services Committee

We are considering appointing a special services chairperson to be an information resource for parents of kids with special needs. Is the PTO is an appropriate place to have such a contact?

Asked by llwait



Community Advice

OPEMom writes:
Our district legally has to have a special education group for our parents. It's called SEPPO and they meet once a month. It is not part of any parent organization. Special ed parents from all schools in the disctrict are welcome, as well as parents who have had to send their child out of district. As the mother of a special education student, I find it very helpful when trying to get the things needed for my daughter that were in her IEP, but the district will not give.

Answer this question: