Question: Articles of Association Have Been Lost

If you lose articles of association or constitution would they be filed with a government entity (state?) so that they might be able to retreive them?

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Your incorporation documents should be on file with the state corporations department (which usually falls under the secretary of state's office). You should be able to get a copy from them.

Community Advice

wkiwaha808 writes:
If you're in Hawaii, contact the State Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. Any incorporation documents will be found in their Business Registration Division. As for constitution or bylaws, the PTO should have copies. The state of Hawaii does not collect the Articles and Bylaws of the PTO/PTA. If you are a PTA, contact the state PTSA office.

Answer this question: