Question: Do I need to be incorporated?

We are a brand-spankin' new PTO. We have $200 to our name. I'd like to open a bank account. I have already gotten an EIN. Bank wants to know if I'm a corporation or partnership. I have no idea. Trying to do research and see a lot about PTO's becoming incorporated before they can apply for 501 (c) (3) status. Um. Huh? Do I need a lawyer to get all this done? Help!

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Liz L writes:
No, you don't need a lawyer. It can be complicated, but we have great free resources to help you through the process.

Good luck.
Liz from PTO Today

Answer this question: