Message Boards

bidding for good

8 years 6 months ago #156999 by anonymous
bidding for good was created by anonymous
I filled out a number of applications for auction items through Bidding for Good. We did not purchase their services but several businesses use their application. I found that I got a lot of NOs from those businesses affiliated with Bidding for Good. I'd like to hear other's experiences with them. Did businesses say no because I didn't buy BFG's services? Thanks and good luck with your events!
8 years 6 months ago #157001 by rm9116
Replied by rm9116 on topic bidding for good
I've had only 1 "yes" from a company that uses BiddingforGood and many didn't reply. I don't know whether the results are typical, since we are a small Christian school in a relatively small city so we don't offer much in the way of market size, but we aren't using BFG services either. I'd like to think that not using BFG isn't the reason.

Laura
8 years 6 months ago #157033 by anonymous
Replied by anonymous on topic bidding for good
Hi Laura-Thanks for the feedback about BFG. It seems like a lot of businesses are starting to use BFG for their donation requests. I'd love to know how they decide who gets what. I'm actually talking to one of their staff tomorrow about credit card processing and I'll see if she can give me any information about them!
8 years 6 months ago #157079 by rm9116
Replied by rm9116 on topic bidding for good
I wondered whether you received any answers during your meeting. I'd be interested in knowing whether some companies only contribute to those groups who are BfG customers.

Laura
8 years 3 months ago #157744 by Online auction
Replied by Online auction on topic bidding for good
Our elementary school just hosted our first online auction and we used Auction Frog. They were great to deal with, very helpful and we had a very positive experience.
7 years 1 month ago #161536 by Diana Carson
Replied by Diana Carson on topic bidding for good
We used biddingforgood for our school auction. it went very well and their bidder community drive a bunch of bids. they also provided us some items that we kept most of the $$.

we know somebody who uses their donation system to manage requests and he says that using their service is not a factor.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds