Message Boards

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Message Boards
Join the conversation! No soliciting or ads, please. Registration is not required but encouraged to get the most out of our community features.

Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

Consignment auctions like Bluetree, etc

4 years 3 months ago #169946 by Sherry Truhlar
Anne, I'm unclear as to who you are asking your question. If it's me, I can't immediately think of anyone in my client base who has used them. I seem to recall a group last year had a package from them but it must have been in a raffle. I would have had little reason to know the particulars for that.

The company used to sell software ... maybe they still do ... but moved into consignment offerings fairly quickly. A number of consignors sell identical trips (another reason it pays to look around), so it seems to me that they buy them from someplace.
4 years 3 months ago #169978 by MillieD
Has anyone used Go Charity for consignment?
4 years 2 months ago #169990 by MillieD
Or Charity Works?
4 years 2 months ago #170016 by MillieD
One more question for anyone that may be reading :) There is some concern from committee members about a consignment item not receiving any bids at live auction and they think it will be a buzzkill and so that is there reasoning for not having any consignment items. Anyone have experience with this?
4 years 2 months ago #170029 by Sherry Truhlar
MillieD, if you're using a professional auctioneer, he or she will typically use a house number to make a no sale seamless. If you are not using a professional, I agree ... it could be awkward, and you might wish to not use it.
2 years 5 months ago #172217 by Lauren F.
Replied by Lauren F. on topic Consignment auctions like Bluetree, etc
Have you tried Funraise? www.funraise.biz . They specialize in consignment items for online auctions.
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds