Question: Unpaid fees

How do you handle the situation in which the organization vice-president has a bounced check to the organization and hasn't paid it after 4 months?

Asked by beckycouch1



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
That's certainly bad form. I'm assuming you've gotten the runaround when you've talked to her about it. I guess I'd handle that situation like any other bad check. I wouldn't take another check from this person, and if the amount was high enough, I'd consider filing for payment in small claims court. There's a simple procedure that involves sending a certified letter. It's outlined in the article Dealing With Bad Checks. Good luck!

Answer this question: