Question: process when officers step down

When we retire our post and new people take over, do we send letters of resignation to the IRS? Or is there some number to call to inform them of the new members now taking their post?

Asked by SLE PTO



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
You don't need to send a letter to the IRS -- you can report any changes on your annual Form 990. If your group is incorporated, you also report changes on your annual corporate filing to your state.

Answer this question: