Question: switching back to a PTO

What do I need to do to switch our PTA back to a PTO

Asked by mustangs



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Hi mustangs -- In a legal sense, you're shutting down one organization and starting another. Check your state PTA bylaws regarding steps you need to close your PTA chapter. You'll need to hold a vote of the membership, and you might need to invite a state PTA representative to the meeting. To start a new PTO, the first step is to get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the IRS. This can be done online or over the phone and establishes your new group as an independent entity. The story Switching from PTA to PTO walks you through the steps.

Answer this question: