Question: 501 3C

I am currently co-president of a PTO. We are starting the process of filing for a 501 3c. We are a bit confused on which form we should use? 1023 or 1023 EZ? One is significantly longer than the other. We were hoping other PTO members that have recently filed for one can share which form they used and why. Thank you.

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Rose H writes:
Hi there. If your group has an annual projected gross income of less than $50,000 (all the money that comes in from fundraisers, donations, etc.) then you should go with the 1023EZ form. You will submit this online and the IRS just recently reduced the fee (again!). It is now $275.


Answer this question: