Question: Removing the parlimentarian from our panel of officers

What is the procedure for removing our parlimentarian from office? She is not filling her position and is acting in a hostile manner and not looking out for the best interest of the children. Thank you.

Asked by BezB



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Check your bylaws -- they should spell out the procedure for removing an officer. If they don't, you should consider adding that to the bylaws. Typically, a two-thirds vote at a general membership meeting is required -- that's the procedure dictated by Robert's Rules. You would also need to announce the vote in advance --include it on a published agenda and perhaps state it at the previous meeting -- so that anyone who is concerned can be sure to attend and vote.

Answer this question: