Question: Filing a Tax Return

Our treasurer feels we do not need to file a tax return, do we?

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
If your group is a tax-exempt 501c3 charity, you need to file IRS form 990, 990ez, or 990n each year. This is a tax information return. You aren't required to make a payment, but you are required to report your income to the IRS. The article Tackling Your PTO Tax Return has more information.

Community Advice

jenilou28 writes:
Your organization MUST file a tax form each and every year. Which one depends on your tax status. If you are a 501 (c) (3) organization and do not file your form 990 or 3 consecutive years, you will loose your tax exempt status.

Answer this question: