Question: PTO Taxes

We just got incorporated this year and still working on the 501c3 paperwork, should be done soon. I am wondering what type of tax paper do we need to do?

Asked by tonisee



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Your 501c3 will be retroactive to your incorporation date. Once it's approved, you will file IRS form 990-N (or 990-EZ, depending on your gross receipts). The form is due by the 15th day of the fifth month following the end of your fiscal year. (Confusing, I know!) If you close your books on June 30, for example, your form 990 would be due November 15.

Answer this question: