Question: Tax Form for PTO with out 501c3 status

We are starting a new PTO and are in the process of starting the application for tax-exempt status. At this time all we have registered with the IRS is an EIN number. What tax form will be needed for filing this year? We would like to put the information in our bylaws so that it is done accordingly in the future. Thank you!

Asked by juliewebb83



Advice from PTO Today

Rose H writes:
Hi Juliewebb83,
Your group would use a Form 990/990EZ. This article has good information on the process: Tackling Your PTO Tax Return


Answer this question: