Question: Changing to PTO when the current PTA is not active

Our PTA went inactive at the end of the school year. We would now like to set up a PTO. How would we do this when we currently don't have an executive board or general membership to vote to dissolve the PTA and start a PTO.

Asked by kjcano



Community Advice

mum24kids writes:
Assuming that there is no money left in the old PTA bank account and there are no PTA members, just don't do anything with the PTA and go ahead and start the steps to creating a PTO. If you still have money in the old PTA account, that's more complicated, so I'm not going to go into that here.

Answer this question: