Question: 501c3 status

Our PTO has an EIN number, however I am not sure that they have ever gone through the process of applying for 501c3. Should we start the process over and receive a new EIN number?

Asked by lespto2016



Community Advice

CherylB writes:
We recommend after you have your EIN to incorporate, this will protect the officers' personal assets. You should incorporate first then become a 501c3. You may want to take a look at our Start-up Guide also here are some links that will be helpful Good luck-Cheryl PTO Today

Answer this question: