Question: Incorporating my PTO

How can I find out if my EIN is filled under incorporated or LLC?

Asked by SHESPTO909



Advice from PTO Today

Liz L writes:
Hi SHESPTO909, without more information I'm not exactly sure what you mean. An EIN is an important step but it's separate from incorporation. Is this the link you followed?

if not, you should be able to get answers from the IRS. Also, we have a free webinar on 501(c)(3) that has tons of good info, including EIN questions.

Good luck. Liz from PTO Today

Community Advice

JAM94124 writes:
It's most likely a non-profit corporate entity with a name that matches what was on the EIN application. Sounds like you have the EIN so try plugging that into a Google search...I just tested wth ours and our full entity name appeared among the top 3 search results. Then, go to your secretary of state's website and do a business search with that entity name. I tested that as well and we appeared just as we should under the corporate search and I was able to confirm that we're an active non-profit corporation.

Even without the EIN you should be able to find the entity on your secretary of state's website if you poke around and try different potential names that include your school or mascot.

Answer this question: