Message Boards



The forum is in read only mode.
Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

The ULTIMATE Donation List

12 years 2 months ago #160984 by Young Learner
Replied by Young Learner on topic Re:The ULTIMATE Donation List
I am currently planning the silent auction for my church youth group and have found myself needing some help. I'm from Virginia so if anyone could inform me of some donation opportunities it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
12 years 2 months ago #160979 by SaraW
Replied by SaraW on topic Re:The ULTIMATE Donation List
That is perfect! Thank you!!
12 years 2 months ago #160977 by in Iowa
Replied by in Iowa on topic Re:The ULTIMATE Donation List
I can't find the copy that I made of the letter that Disney sent with the gift cards but this is what I had on our bid sheet:

4x One-Day-Park Hopper Passes, valid during normal operating hours and provide admission to: Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom for one day (expires in two years), cannot be upgraded nor applied towards a package.

I had copied that verbatim from the letter that came with the passes.
12 years 2 months ago #160976 by SaraW
Replied by SaraW on topic Re:The ULTIMATE Donation List
Hello Everyone,

Our silent/live auction is in 4 days and our Disney Tickets never arrived. They are resending them, but chances are they will not arrive in time for the event and will have to be picked up by the buyer after the event.

I was wondering if anyone had the wording on the vouchers such as any restrictions or an idea of the expiration of the tickets.

Thank you in advance!

I have a huge amount of yes's to add after the event, but time is ticking to get everything done before the event!
12 years 2 months ago #160969 by ceciliaky
Here's one for you all ...

We had a Spring Festival on March 29.

We decided tonight at our PTO meeting to move our annual festival back to a fall date. Most likely, September 27. Six months later.

When soliciting for the Spring, I had a pretty good idea that we'd be back to a fall event, so I tried to plan for that as best I could. Many of our most popular items are related to college football & basketball games, which we couldn't do in March.

My question is this:
How soon after getting a no from a company is ok to ask again? Different event, different request ... and now we have 501c3 status ... does that make a difference?

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated :)
12 years 2 months ago #160965 by Roger.Devine
Another great idea that one of our local schools had was to print up window decals that said "This business supports Irvington School" and distributed them to all donors to put in the window of their store.

That way, they don't need to find a frame...

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
^ Top