Question: Start-up Costs for PTO

Assuming we cannot use PTA funds for the PTO filing fees, etc., where do the PTOs get the initial funds for changing from PTA to PTO?

Asked by lferrigno



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Once you have an EIN for your PTO, it's officially a separate organization. You can open a bank account and begin running fundraisers for the PTO (rather than the PTA). Tax-exempt status, when it's approved by the IRS, is retroactive to your PTO's start date.

Answer this question: