Question: What tax forms do we use to file taxes if we are not nonprofit?

"We are in the process of getting our 501c, but in the meantime, I just realized that we haven't filed taxes for the two years that we have been established. What tax form do I need for the 2010 and 2009 taxes?"

Asked by Kori



Advice from PTO Today

Rose H writes:
Hi Kori, As it turns out, there is technically not a tax form for those years because while you were doing the work as a non-profit, you didn't have official tax-exempt status. But you aren't alone--this is the case for a whole lot of groups. Once you are officially a 501(c)3, you'll be a 990-ez or 990-n, depending on the size of your group. Good luck with all the work you are doing!

Answer this question: