Question: Filing form 990

we have an EIN number but have not filed for tax-exempt status because we only bring in $500 per year, just membership dues. We do not do fundraisers. The dues go to purchase supplies needed for the school. Should we be filing some sort of tax form? Form 990 seems to be for organizations who are 501(3)(c).

Asked by Anonymous



Advice from PTO Today

Rose H writes:
Here's a section from the IRS website that explains if your receipts are under $5,000 you do not have to file tax statements:

Answer this question: