Message Boards

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Message Boards
Join the conversation! No soliciting or ads, please. Registration is not required but encouraged to get the most out of our community features.

Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST

7 years 10 months ago #164899 by K. Kelly
Replied by K. Kelly on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
In response to the question about Bidding for Good. We're a nonprofit that gets approximately 130 items, and raise about $3500 as our attendee base is not large. So, paying for Bidding for Good was not an option and chose to go with their free version. This has worked fine for us as it allows me to capture donors and donations. We post out the link for advertising, but all bidding and payments are done at the live event. I've not heard many positives about the value associated with the other businesses that they provide as a network for possible donations - based on many posts here, it doesn't look like many get positive results from actually receiving donations.
7 years 10 months ago #164901 by Kemba Obryan
Replied by Kemba Obryan on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
Shaycarter82...
I'm in Orlando,FL too. What local companies were you able to get donations from?
7 years 10 months ago #164908 by Shaycarter82
Kemba Obryan

Too many to list, thankfully. I purchased an Enjoy The City coupon book and hit up every business in there. Then I just did a walk around to the different plazas.

A lot of them had to go through corporate offices but almost everyone in the Enjoy the city book gave me something even if it was small
7 years 10 months ago #164912 by Shaycarter82
Has anyone had luck getting hotel stays outside of their state?

We have airline tickets and nothing to pair them with
7 years 10 months ago #164914 by Kemba Obryan
Replied by Kemba Obryan on topic Re:2013 ULTIMATE DONATION LIST
Shaycarter82..
Thanks for that idea!
7 years 10 months ago #164916 by Staci
Replied by Staci on topic Verbage
I'm not good with asking local places for donations. What do you say for example when you go to a local business asking for a donation? Do you ask for the manager? At what point of talking do you hand the person the donation letter? How do you start asking them for the donation? I need a little "hook" if someone has one. Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds