Question: IRS

Our school PTA has voted to become a PTO. We currently have an EIN as PTA, are we able to continue using this EIN or do we need to apply for a new number?

Asked by Anonymous



Community Advice

mum24kids writes:
You need to apply for a new number for the PTO. The number you have now "belongs" to the state PTA, in that they have included your number under their tax exemption. As you will be starting a new legal entity as a PTO, it needs to get a new tax ID number. You can file for the new tax ID number online and get it right away; it's very simple.

Answer this question: