Question: State License

Our PTO has been inactive for several years and when we pull up the license with the state of Texas it says it is involuntarily ended. I cannot reach anyone at the state to find out how to get it reinstated specifically and I cannot even get any pto records such as bylaws, etc. can we just start all over? Our school has changed names also. Is there anything that would need to be done to the old license?

Asked by Bonnieziegelt



Advice from PTO Today

Rose H writes:
Hey there!
Thanks for getting in touch. With all the issues here, we think your idea to start fresh is a good one!

Passing along a link to our story, How To Start a PTO. This will give you an easy-to-follow, step-by-step information.

Here's the link:

We are here to answer questions as you go through the process!


Community Advice

KJTomasula writes:
But can I start fresh even though we have an existing number out there?

Answer this question: