Message Boards

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome to the Message Boards
Join the conversation! No soliciting or ads, please. Registration is not required but encouraged to get the most out of our community features.

Looking for advice? Join us on Facebook

Get advice, ideas, and support from other parent group leaders just like you—join our closed Facebook group for PTO and PTA Leaders & Volunteers .

Elementary Yearbook

15 years 2 months ago #72486 by mi3sons
Replied by mi3sons on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
Our elementary schools all have one around here. I personally find them unnecessary, but do purchase one each year.
We don't sell them to make a profit, we just break even, which is our intention.
We think that yearbooks and t-shirts are more of a service to the kids than a fundraiser.
15 years 2 months ago #72487 by dragonlady
Replied by dragonlady on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
Our elementary school has a yearbook. We are a Pre-school - Grade 4 school. We don't do this as a fundraiser. I think this year we might lose money because we are offering the first yearbook at full price $12 and any additional yearbooks at $5. My son loves it, he constantly looks thru his old ones. I'm not sure how many we sell but I think we sell about 150, there are about 420 kids in our school.

I think the kids would be disappointed it we didn't have it. It is alot of work for that committee.
15 years 2 months ago #72488 by C. Brooks
Replied by C. Brooks on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
We have year books. My boys are in thrid and fourth grades. I cannot afford to buy them both one. They are fighting over it this week. To my knowledge all of our staff buys one. There is also a bunch of old ones in the PTO cabinet from when my husband attended there (many years ago). They are fun to look at. I still treasure mine from when I was in elementary. We didn't have the kids helping but I think that is so cool. That is a good experience for future adviterising agents, graphic designers, etc. Plus it makes the kids feel good that they can do something to help their school.
15 years 2 months ago #72489 by michmom
Replied by michmom on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
We are a K - 5 elementary and we do a yearbook each year. Every student receives one free of charge. It's all black and white and we add clipart, boarders to the pages before they go off to print. I like getting them. I put them in my children's scrapbooks.
15 years 2 months ago #72490 by ProudPrattParent
Replied by ProudPrattParent on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
Thank you all for the feed back!!
15 years 1 month ago #72491 by JPV
Replied by JPV on topic RE: Elementary Yearbook
My Children's school sells them each year and takes pre-orders for them ONLY and sell them for $15 each. Parents can also place adds in them for an additional fee.

I was raised in an area where Elementary Yearbooks were not done or heard of so I have a hard time committing $15 per child (3 of them) for yearbooks each year. Of course they don't want to share a yearbook either because they want their friends to sign it. Imagine what the inscription would read, "Remembers great times at the Sand-table and building with the blocks."

Personally, I refuse to buy them just because it is one more of the HUNDREDS of things that come home for sale at our school and I really don't see a point to them having a yearbook for every grade.

Seems like it would take the emphasis off their Senior yearbook if we had copies of them from kindergarten all the way up. Personally, I prefer to buy the class picture each year and keep them in my own scrap book so that I can look back later on in years, I don't think I need a yearbook to do that too.

I do understand that selling them is a money maker for the School/PTO so I don't mind them asking and think for some parents yearbooks might be a treasured keepsake.

Perhaps, if it is inexpensive enough, your group can donate a copy to the teachers one year to try and "Hook" them on the idea maybe then they won't be so quick to dismiss it.

Just my 2 pennies worth!

jill
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds