Question: filing taxes for a new group

When filing the 501(c)(3) paperwork we made our year run Feb-Jan. So we will need to fill out the proper taxes. What do we do? We have just sent in the 1023 so I guess we are not offically tax exempt yet what form should we be filling out at the end of Jan for taxes?

Asked by



Advice from PTO Today

Craig writes:
Your filing deadline is the 15th day of the fifth month after the end of your fiscal year. If your fiscal year ends Jan. 31, then you must file by June 15. The form you file is form 990-N, a simple postcard. (If your gross revenue for a tax year is above $50,000, you file form 990-EZ instead.) If your application for 501(c)(3) status hasn't been approved at that point, call IRS Customer Account Services at 1-877-829-5500 and ask that your organization be set up to file the e-postcard.

Answer this question: